Re: Front suspension bushings

To: "Seth" <sbunin@comcast.net>, <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front suspension bushings
From: "Jim & Ginny Kelliher" <jim.ginny@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 08:58:37 -0400
Poly will give you a firmer ride, sometimes harsh ride. They will last
longer than rubber. I installed them in my Mach 1. There is a newer product
called Midolyne that is described as the best of both worlds not harsh or
noisy but precise. I don't know if AMC type bushing are available but they
do make Ford versions.
Something to consider is doing a combo of rubber and poly. Poly on the sway
bar, spring perches and insulators and shocks, using OEM type rubber on the
control arms and strut rods.
There have been a number of stories going around (in the Mustang world) that
poly on the strut rods has caused the strut itself to snap, usually
attributed to over tightening it and no deflection.
I would try to hunt down the availability of the Midolyne.
LOL
Let us know what you end up doing, it be a good Brickline article (Right
John?)
Jim
1191