Re: Bricklin - pneumatic fittings

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bricklin - pneumatic fittings
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 17:36:32 -0500
At 08:07 PM 2/12/02 -0500, Louis wrote:

>Question:
>Would anyone know what those type of fittings are called so I can better
>ask for them over the phone while contacting "speciality" places that cater
>to fittings?
>The system I've got has a reserve tank within the rear bumper if that helps
>determine what system and fittings I've got.

Louis,

  There are a couple of different types of fittings depending on who your
system was originally purchased from.  Terry Tanner uses a fitting that is
NOT available everywhere.  I forget what it's called, but it has a little
tube coming out of the fitting.  The air hose fits over this tube and then
the nut and ferrel tighten the air hose to the tube.  I've tried several
places locally to get these and the suppliers can't get them.  I did not
try a Truck supply house.  These might be used on the air brake systems of
the big trucks.

  However, I had no problems a suitable fitting at my local small "Taylors
Do-It" hardware store.  I believe that they are 1/8" pipe.  Then you need to
get some small inserts for the air hoses.  Slide these inserts (don't know
what they're actually called) into the hose with the flared end butting up
to the end of the air hose.  These inserts keep the hose from collapsing when
the nut and ferrel are tightened.