Fwd: door problems

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: door problems
From: "Seth" <sbunin@provide.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 00:10:52 -0400
As Kim said, the doors shouldn't be doing that. Also like Kim said, it sounds
like the solenoid isn't working.

As for people qualified to restore Bricks (I apologize if there are others) the
only two I know of are Bob Hoffman (Bob's Brickyard) and Terry Tanner. Bob
is up here in Michigan (it's nice, he's just 30 minutes down the road from me)
and Terry is in Va.

Seth

On 10/20/01, at 8:03 PM, Moshe Fuld <moshe.fuld@verizon.net> wrote:

>Dear All:
>I am having problems with my doors, aren't we all...
>My driver side door does not open whether from the inside or out without
>simultaneously pressing the switch and pulling the inside door  handle.
>The pass. door gets momentalily stuck when opening till it succeed in
>pulling away from the latch that locks the door after continual preesing
>off the switch and upon closing it bounces off the latch several times
>befor elocking. Are those locking  latches supposed to move around? Am I
>supposed to grease the locking mechanism on the bottom of the door
>regularly to allow them to slide of the latch more easily? Finally I
>would love to have my "B" go thru a total restoration. I live In New
>Jersey 10 min from the George Washington Bridge. I am looking for the
>closest vendor But not at the trade-off of quality. I just want a
>problem free "B".My car is in pretty good shape, everything is working
>almost perfectly. Can anybody who has paid for a total resoration give
>me a range within a few thousand dollars how much it could run?
>Thanks,
>Moshe Fuld vin 354

///
///