door problems

Subject: door problems
From: Moshe Fuld <moshe.fuld@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 20:06:08 -0400
Dear All:
I am having problems with my doors, aren't we all...
My driver side door does not open whether from the inside or out without
simultaneously pressing the switch and pulling the inside door  handle.
The pass. door gets momentalily stuck when opening till it succeed in
pulling away from the latch that locks the door after continual preesing
off the switch and upon closing it bounces off the latch several times
befor elocking. Are those locking  latches supposed to move around? Am I
supposed to grease the locking mechanism on the bottom of the door
regularly to allow them to slide of the latch more easily? Finally I
would love to have my "B" go thru a total restoration. I live In New
Jersey 10 min from the George Washington Bridge. I am looking for the
closest vendor But not at the trade-off of quality. I just want a
problem free "B".My car is in pretty good shape, everything is working
almost perfectly. Can anybody who has paid for a total resoration give
me a range within a few thousand dollars how much it could run?
Thanks,
Moshe Fuld vin 354

///
///