Re: What kind and size of speakers for Bricklins?

To: "Bricklin@autox.team.net" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What kind and size of speakers for Bricklins?
From: Todd Rapp <rappman@marz.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 21:34:26 -0500
Kim,

I put 6.5 inch Cerwin Vega speakers in the factory holes. (2) Cerwin
Vega 4x6
speakers ( 4"woofer 1"tweeter) in the Rear panel facing the Front and
(2)
Rockford Fosgate 8" subwoofers in the side panel behind the rear wheel
wells.  I
added an inch of fiberglass insulation all around the entire hatchback
area
behind the panels.

I looked at several different brands but CV was the superior product
with a
classic black appearance.  I chose the Rockford Fosgate sub woofers due
to the
depth.  Most of the higher quality speakers I looked at were too deep
and
wouldn't fit  with the rear side panel in place.  An 8" sub is about all
that
would fit with using  the factory panels.

For all of you All original factory show cars (DON"T DO THIS).  Keep it
original
if possible.  My car has new seats, carpeting, and a new CD player and
amplifier.  So my car was beyond all original when I purchased it.

JUST A NOTE: A Dremel tool works great for cutting the holes in the rear
panels.

Hope this helps.

Todd Rapp
K M wrote:

> What kind and size of speakers fit in the rear panels? Thanks, Kim.

///
///