Re: Hood weatherstrip

To: "bricklin" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hood weatherstrip
From: "High Tech Coatings" <htc@MNSi.Net>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 06:31:05 -0400
The high pressure area behind the hood is usedin many forms of racing as an
carb inlet. The placement of these openings can be a bit of black art
without a windtunnel but can create horsepower.
 As for the fender vents, power be sound cool but there is big high pressure
down the sides of most cars and if not positioned properly will actually
hurt air flow.
 there is only one rule in air flow.... air flows from high to low pressure
by way of least resistance.
 My answer to the Brick's airflow problem is to create a low pressure area
under the car to pull the high temperature & pressure air away from the
engine. This should be a relatively simply with the placement of some stiff
yet pliable plastic (like race car bodies) under the front of the car and
around the front corners. A piece like this came off one of my big block
street cars and had a dramatic effect on cooling the car, I quickly replaced
it.    this 'spoiler' also has another effect in that it creates a high
pressure area in front of it,  that can be channeled through the rad for
more cooling air
I feel that the rear hood seal should be left in place, if for no other
reason than to keep the hot stinky engine air out of the cockpit air inlet.
Rick

///
///