Hood weatherstrip

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hood weatherstrip
From: Isensee@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 18:12:08 EDT
Below is a message from the Avanti newsgroup. Like the Bricklin, Avantis have a
hood which hinges at the front. A member of the newgroup says it is important
to have a good seal at the rear of the hood so that high pressure air isn't
forced into the engine compartment.

I have heard folks here on the Bricklin newsgroup say that the rear hood seal
on a Bricklin should be removed so that air can more easily exit the engine
compartment and prevent overheating.

Assuming there are no significant airflow differences between the two cars,
someone must have this right and someone wrong. Anyone care to comment?

Scott Isensee

In a message dated Mon, 27 Aug 2001  4:49:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Peter
C. King" <pcking@mindspring.com> writes:

> The best way to dissipate heat from the engine compartment is to have a good
> weatherstrip at the rear end of the hood to block the high pressure air from
> the windshield from flowing into the engine compartment, increasing the
> pressure and reducing the flow through the radiator. It's the old headbone
> connected to the kneebone song.

///
///