Door ??s

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Door ??s
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 12:48:56 -0500
I'm back.  Still working on the doors.  Going back through all the info
I have both from the magazine and emails, I've got more questions.

1. There was a mod to remove the horizontal cross brace from the window
   channel.  This has already been done to my channels.  Then in one of
   the Bricklines there is an article that talkes about making a replacement
   for this brace, but to glue it to the door skin.  No problem so far.

   a. Then I believe they say to glue this new brace to the door skins.
   b. They say to rivit (pop?) the cat wiskers to this brace.

   Here is where my questions start:

   i. If you pop rivet the cat wisker to this brace, do the head (not the
      end that gets mushed) sit on the cat wisker or is it the mushroomed
      end?

  ii. If you glue this assembly to the skins, how would you chance the cat
      wiskers in the future?

 iii. I believe that there is only 1 cat wisker per door.  Has anyone looked
      at putting something behind the glass (inboard side of the door) or is
      it just not needed?

Anybody at this stage in a restoration?  Got any pictures?

TIA

///
///