Ford distributor

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Ford distributor
From: "Alan Coleman" <colemaal@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 00:30:14 GMT
Although this has nothing to do with my Bricklin, I need some help. I have a
Ford 302 (1984)that I need to replace the ignition module on. It's on the
side of the distributor, and Ford designed the engine so that the thermostat
housing in the manifold makes it impossible to get to the back screw on the
module without pulling the distributor. I have removed the clamp bolt and
clamp and the unit will not come out. I have tried gently tapping on it with
a 5 lb mallet and gently prying with a bar--- no luck. Any ideas???? It
seems to me that I replaced the module somehow, a long time ago without
removing the dist. but I have killed a lot of brain cells since then and
can't remember.

Thanks alot.

Alan Coleman
#246 (original owner)