I need a small 12v generator

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: I need a small 12v generator
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 21:54:30 GMT
I am rigging a windmill just for fun and I am thinking about using an old
car generator, no regulator, hang a light or two on there, and watch them
glow as the wind increases.  MIght even rig some staggering circuit to light
one, then the next, then the next, depending on wind speed.  This mill is
only about 80 inches high so I need a generator that is not too big.  Thye
blades are about 18 in. diameter and the rpm is about 60 (I would have to
use a big and little pulley to get the right generator speed -- maybe even
an intermediate pulley assembly).  Anyone know of a car unit that might
work? Thanks, Kim.