Lots of long winded ? 's

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lots of long winded ? 's
From: "Robert Miller" <bobworld@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 14:21:14 -0500
I am looking for:
1)some door "thresholds" for lack of a better term...The brown plastic
covers on the door sill which hold the carpet and snag our clothes when
they're broken as we so gracefully wriggle out of our beloved cars...
2)a part # and manufacturer of the temp sending unit that will send correct
readings to my VDO gauge...the mechanics who replaced my intake manifold and
other work..threw the old one away and put in a generic one that sends too
high readings...

Stupidity Story #133  The first night I stopped to put gas in it it was
reading 250 degrees and the dipstick showed no oil!! I knew the gauge was
reading high (no bubbling or engine pinging) and then after I calmed down, I
realized that they had put they wrong dipstick back in and it was 5 inches
shorter!!

3) Is there a black decal for the rear black "accent" indent or would I do
as well to paint it with some urethane bumber paint (my Brick is painted
already)
4) anyone have a detailed diagram of the door solenoids and wiring with
simple instructions (They're not allowing air out/door down when I use the
inside switches) what's going on here?..I'm electrically illiterate...and
can't seem to grasp electronic basics
5) After insulating/carpeting the cockpit, I am still getting hot air
seemingly from high under the dash, anyone know where to look for the leak?
Also still have hot air through the rotted rubber on hand brake, just
venturied faster through the gap in the insulation...has anyone hand made
one of these from old tires?
6) because I just put in new insulation/carpet I need to weatherstrip the
doors...which weather stripping (catalog #) out of JC Whitney or others have
you all found to do the best job..door and hatch?

Stupidity Story # 134...I was cutting some insulation to fit near my door
cylinders and had the giant nippers lined up for the big squeeze...I had the
big insulation sheet covering the air line from my sight and cut it when I
squeezed...The door was at full height, air tank full....Whoooosh and
slam!!! A 95lb. door could take an appendage off...Luckily, I was leaning in
from the other side and had no tools or cords in the door when it fell...had
to take a break for a frosty one ...then simply pulled up a extra inch of
air line and redid the compression fitting...no harm done except to my
nerves...carpet is a cinnamon brown that IMHO matches the other colors
better than the factory brown..
.Stupidity # 135
3 yards by 40 inches isn't enough for the front, tried to cheat by not
carpeting under the seats...about 5 inches short..back to the upholstry
supply store...buy much, much more than you'll think you'll need ....
Learn from my mistakes...will be bringing you more Stupitidity stories soon
as I have only a week and a half before going back to teach and am racing to
finish the Brick before summer break ends...
Bob at bobworld@earthlink.net

73 Porsche 914 for the twisties
75 Bricklin for everything else
70 Opel GT for lawn ornamentation