RE: Auto to manual?

To: tmeunier@cs.uml.edu, bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Auto to manual?
From: "Olenick, Jamison" <Olenick@ssims.nci.nih.gov>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 10:15:23 -0400
Tim,
   Been Done.
   My 1974, yes 1974 Bricklin with AMC 360 now has a Ford T-5 tranny.  I
plan on being at the show in Michigan next weekend if anyone else wants to
see it.
   I got my parts from about 10 different kinds of cars/jeeps/etc.  The
bellhousing was from an early 80's AMC spirit, the clutch pedal from a newer
import (Nissan 240 in my case), T-5 from a 1987-1993 Ford Mustang, clutch
from Jeep/Amc, the flywheel has to come from an earlier AMC with a 360, a
custom trans mount has to be made, custom drive shaft, custom mount for the
clutch master cylinder, custom mount for the slave cylinder (if you use
hydraulic.....linkage will be very very tough because they were different in
nearly every car and I am not sure that a cable will be possible), shifter
comes through the floor next to the auto shifter (mod to console).
   All in all it was alot of work, but I am soooooooooo happy.  I have a
5spd that cruises at 70+mph at a little over 2000 rpm.

                                                Jamie