Re: 1974 Brick

To: david.ebel@visitalk.com, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1974 Brick
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 17:04:53 PST
Let's see, besides all the "normal" issues with all bricklins, the 74s also
were plagued with weak coil springs, small front air scoops, loose harmonic
dampers, a seatbelt interlock and poor "fit and feel" between the body
panels.  For the springs, look under the car about where the door latch is.
There is a cross member there that spans the width of the car.  If the car
has bottomed out a lot, that member will be dented up pretty severely and
unless the front springs have been replaced, they will need to be.
Depending on the mileage of the car, the damper might have already been
fixed as I think it was a recall item -- if the car has high mileage, then
this is probably not a problem.  The scoop, if intact, usually works but if
broken should be replaced with a 75. The interlock is likely jumped.  The
uneven panels are part of the car's allure. Kim