air solenoids

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: air solenoids
From: capflyjmp@juno.com
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 20:53:08 -0600
With reference to the recent discussion about the air solenoids: I had a
leaking one also trying to partially open the door. Since the door latch
didn't catch, the door actualy opened an inch or two. I considered
rebuilding it, but I found a perfect replacement from WW Grainger..their
# 2G485..about $29.00. This is a 3 way-2 position valve which will also
work as a 2 way-2 position valve (if that is what you need) by simply
plugging the exhaust port. My car had a mixture of both types...made it
interesting to figure it out at first. To me, it was easily worth $29.00
not to have to fool with rebuilding one.

Hope this is useful info...Jim McClure