RE: AOL

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: AOL
From: "Olenick, Jamison" <Olenick@ssims.nci.nih.gov>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 09:03:25 -0400
Marvin,
   I am an AOL user (when at home) and I can only connect at 24-26K even though
I have a 56K Robotics Modem.  I found that the problem lies in my phone line and
not with the provider.  So...you might want to check your phone line first
before you change providers and find the same situation.
   There is a way to check the line where you call a number from your computer
and it runs some tests on the line.  I can't remember the number or where I got
it but I will try to find it again if you would like to have it.  (I did just
get it from some Help source like AOL, or somewhere on the internet)

                                                Jamie