Fw: anybody know how to make a 12VDC circuit breaker?

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: anybody know how to make a 12VDC circuit breaker?
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 18:49:58 -0500

>Hey, all!
>This riley with VIN 1758 and a new email.
>Anybody know of a web site that will show me how to make a 12VDC
circuit
>breaker for my Brick?
======
Circuit breaker manufacture are beyond the scope of even advanced
tinkerers. You can buy them fairly cheap at NAPA or other auto
suppliers.
======
>If not a web site, can anybody send a text file telling me how to
>accomplish this?
>I have plans laid out to get the center console installed sometime
in the
>near future.
>Was wondering how difficult it would be to build a digital air
pressure
>indicator using LED's.
>This will resemble the display on many custom built computers (jpeg
avail
>soon if needed)
>I want this to go in the center console.  That way I can be aware
of air
>pressure day or night.
======
You'll need an inline differential pressure sensor, plus a 5vdc
power supply and appropriate display. Newark Electronics will have
the necessary parts.
======
> How can I verify whether or not my carb needs a rebuild?
>The mechanic said it leaks, but I think he could be wrong,
considering
>the misdiagnosis on the Dodge.
======
Leaks in what way? If air leaks, you can check these by spraying
Gumout or equal wherever there is a joint while the motor is idling.
Throttle shafts, vacuum connections, where the carb mounts to the
manifold, etc. If the motor speeds up any, there's an air leak.

Note that even new carbs have some slop in the throttle linkages,
but if there's noticeable slop to where the plates drag the bore,
then the carb needs replacing.

Fuel leakage is obvious, since it stains the carb body and collects
dirt. Often, just removing the carb and tightening all the screws
solves the problem.

GM