Fuel pump

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel pump
From: Isensee@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 19:24:18 EST
The fuel pump on my '75 Bricklin started spraying gas out the vent hole. I
replaced it. Anyone know if it is likely that any gas has gotten into the oil?
The guy at the local parts store thinks the fuel pump has a seal which should
have kept the gas from getting into the oil even if the diaphragm tore. The
oil level is normal and I don't smell any fuel in it.

I just changed oil recently so I don't want to do it again if I don't need to,
but I sure don't want to risk engine damage either.

Scott Isensee