Fw: Leaf Springs

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Leaf Springs
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 19:57:23 -0400
With the number of Bricklin's you've had, none rapidly wore out the
rubber bushings and caused the rear end to bind up in fast lane
changes, making for a car's equivalent version of a motorcycle 'tank
slapper'? My bushings were gone in only a few months after I bought
the car. When I replaced the bushings I tried adjusting the links
with the springs disconnected, there was no position that allowed
free movement through their entire arc, so I removed them. Years
later when I found out about Bricklin Int'l, the first 'tip' from
the folks I corresponded with was to remove them. I've been told by
others on the list that the early cars have shorter links than my
'75, but those should be even worse than mine.

GM