Is acrylic harder than paint? and door Q

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Is acrylic harder than paint? and door Q
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 00:53:36 PDT
I just buffed out part of my car 'cause I had some overspray on it. I
did the hood, one fender, the extension and the painted part of the
bumper.  Wow, what a difference some elbow grease, chemicals and a
buffing machine can make!  The stuff that I used, first 2500 grit wet or
dry, then an intermediate cleaner followed by "haze away" really did the
job and made those parts just sparkle.

When I was sanding, I did not remove much at all from the plastic but
when I hit the bumper, wham, the paper (and water) was orange.  Just how
hard is that plastic and how aggresive can I be with it?  I have some
ripples in part of it and I was thinking about going for it, but I don't
want to make things worse.  That bumper sure shined up!

Lastly, has anyone put a skin on a door?  Just what is involved and how
hard is it ot put on and how hard to remove?  How long of a job? Thanks,
Kim.