Fw: Autocross

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Autocross
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 22:12:47 -0400

In spite of the contempt
>with which the 914 was (is) regarded by most Porsche aficionados
the car is
>an excellent handling machine and a delight to drive.
=========
Still good even by today's standards.
=========
 The volkswagen engine
>really means that it is also affordable to own and maintain.
Trading
>prestige for affordability can be most rewarding.
=========
For sure.
=========
  I have often regretted
>having sold my 914 and when I see one passing on the road I
frequently have
>an irrational urge to buy one again
=========
My 914-6 got rolled up into a ball at Road Atlanta's turn one,
^(( but fortunately no injuries. :^)) The 914 2.0 was sold to buy a
(gasp) Bricklin. :^))
=========
 (alas, I own to many time and money
>consuming machines already!)
=========
Tell me about it! I have a neighbor who has his original '73 2.0. He
let's me get my fix every so often.
=========
  While I don't have any experience racing 914's
>I can imagine that it would be a blast!
=========
Tedious, actually. They have way more traction than power. Finesse
is everything.

GM