RE: Autocross

To: "bricklin@autox.team.net" <bricklin@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Autocross
From: "Somerville, Drew" <Somerville@kafb.aero.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 07:17:00 -0700
Scott,

I owned a 2.0 914 which I restored back in 1978.  In spite of the contempt
with which the 914 was (is) regarded by most Porsche aficionados the car is
an excellent handling machine and a delight to drive.  The volkswagen engine
really means that it is also affordable to own and maintain.  Trading
prestige for affordability can be most rewarding.  I have often regretted
having sold my 914 and when I see one passing on the road I frequently have
an irrational urge to buy one again (alas, I own to many time and money
consuming machines already!)  While I don't have any experience racing 914's
I can imagine that it would be a blast!

Drew (aka Andrew)