Fw: Brakes

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Brakes
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 20:15:24 -0400
Any car that has set long enough for a caliper piston to gum up
needs to be completely drained and all lines, etc. disconnected and
use air to force flush them with alcohol. The master and rear wheel
cylinders should be rebuilt also. Refill with any cheap brand Dot 4.
Like chains, brakes are only as strong as the weakest link. I've
seen calipers rebuilt only to cause the master cylinder to blow from
unaccustomed pressure.

GM