Brakes

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Brakes
From: jeff wynn <jwynn@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 16:05:17 -0400
Still working on 2157-
   The passenger side front wheel caliper was putting a lot of drag on
the wheel due to the piston not fully retracting.  After a trip to
the local NAPA, we ordered  item 42-3009 ( Rayloc).  It fit OK, but
the casting boss was at a slight angle, which totally changed the
location of my brake line.  Steering movement would have interfered
against the line- not good.  I returned the caliper and was lucky to get
my original one back.  They ordered me 2 rebuild kits. I will hone the
cylinders.  I just learned my lesson on keeping all original parts, even
if it means paying a core charge.  Also, can anyone out there tell me
the specified brake fluid to use?  I remember reading that some types
are so incompatible, that a mix could result in having to replace
everything.  I am still hoping to get the car inspected this month.

                         Jeff Wynn