Carpet, belt bolt, and door latch question

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Carpet, belt bolt, and door latch question
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 22:11:44 PDT
The carpet took a long, long time to install but I have to say that of
all the things I have done to this car, this made the most difference.
The car looks very good inside now, except for the saggy headliner and
the scratchy steering wheel.  The big difference is the sound.  It made
the car substantially quieter. Wow.  But the time and effort involved
was huge -- I would have rather paid (and I'm a cheapskate)!

The seatbelt bolts are a mystery -- it just doesn't add up.  The bolt is
a 1/2 in (3/4 inch head) and, unless there were nuts on the outside
behind the valance that somehow didn't spin while I was undoing the
bolts but then fell off somewhere without a sound, then this may be an
issue for other cars.  I ended up buying two more bolts and a couple of
nylock nuts -- I want to be able to rely on the seatbelts, if nothing
else.

Is there a good or approved way to get the door latches to work?  All of
a sudden my passenger door, although the solenoid is releasing the latch
and the cylinder is pushing the door, still hangs up.  Also, it doesn't
close and nestle as well as it did last week.  Is this just a "guess at
it" sort of thing or is there a technique? Thanks, Kim.