Re: Lodging/discounts for Nat'l Tour, required decals?

To: S Ahmad <aries_moon1974@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Lodging/discounts for Nat'l Tour, required decals?
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 10:46:21 -0700
On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 10:21:45AM -0700, S Ahmad wrote:
> Where should I be calling and whose name should I
> drop?

Call the Super 8 on Motel Drive in Merced, 209-384-1303.  Ask for the
"SCCA rate".  It should be $50/night for a single bed, $55/night for
two beds.  Tax bumps that up $5/night.

Don't go to the Travelodge in Merced, they have very thin walls.

> Also, how do I obtain the required stickers?

They will have all the required stickers at the tech trailer at the
event.  They're $1 each for the SCCA decals, and the others are free.
There are also Honda and Subaru and some Yokohama decals in the bin
for free.

If you want to get Mazda decals, you can buy them from Mazda or from
Solotime.  Some other manufacturers give out their decals for free.
If you can find the Solo Contingency section of SCCA.com, each
contingency form tells you how to get the stickers for that
manufacturer.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94