Re: Annual Tech ?

To: svwilbur <svwilbur@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Annual Tech ?
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 16:55:18 -0800
On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 04:34:42PM -0800, svwilbur wrote:
> But from what I remember from previous years you had to log the first 8-10
> or so tech inspections and then after that you could get an annual tech and
> not bother getting teched the rest of the year.  Maybe that is not correct
> but I cannot find doc anywhere on it yet.

My recollection was that if you have run at least 12 events in the
region, over your lifetime, and can document that, then you qualify
for annual tech.  Annual tech involves a slightly more thorough
one-time inspection of your car by the tech chief, then signing a
document promising to tech your own car before every event.  You get a
sticker in your rulebook (must have a rulebook) showing that you have
qualified, and a sticker on your car.

> Do you have to repeat this for subsequent years?  I guess so as it is
> "annual tech" not :experienced tech".

The part that you have to repeat is the one-time inspection by the
tech chief, signing the form, and putting a current sticker in your
current rulebook and on your car.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94