Re: Let's get more serious?

To: aceontour@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Let's get more serious?
From: "Richard Urschel" <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 23:07:29 GMT
-- Katie Kelly <aceontour@yahoo.com> wrote:
>It's my hypothesis that an event series with "lower
turnouts" (hovering around 200, and that's considered
high by many standards!) will have a higher retention
rate than events with 300 entrants. Rich, show us some
numbers man.

The SFR regular season is a series hovering around 200. I don't know of any
averaging 300. In 2000 there were 891 local individuals attending SFR regular
season events. I've not seen anything in the data I've looked at that would
suggest a correlation between average event size and retention of regular
participants. Even if there is, I would expect it to be masked by other changes
year to year.

Average entries per regular season event; average entries at the Oakland
Coliseum:
1998: 170, 198
1999: 181, 215
2000: 236, 251
2001: 200, 225
2002: 223, 252
2003: 233, 286
2004: 228, 275
2005: 214, 250

Want more regional competition? Secure a permanent site. Build an electronic
scoreboard to show the classes running, event and season standings. Have the
announcer talk to it instead of "at the line is, time in is...," give trophies
to everyone who competes in 75% of the events, and publish regular stories in
The Wheel. I predict there will be a waiting list for permission to get into
the group.