RE: exemptions from the rules WAS: Call for setup workers at

To: brncapri@sbcglobal.net
Subject: RE: exemptions from the rules WAS: Call for setup workers at
From: "Richard Urschel" <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:45:27 GMT
" I have a problem with what you are saying regarding people being turn away."

I have seen people turned away by others, Ben. I have seen people accomodated.
If one can arrive late and still run for points, then everyone should be able
to no matter who the chair is.

My personal choice to follow the rules as published is my personal choice. The
requirement that "basic rules and standards for conduct of events must be drawn
up before an event is run and be available to all competitors" is not. It is
the mandatory 1.4.E SCCA 2005 Solo rule.

Stop publishing that the driver's meeting is MANDATORY if it is not, add a note
to see the event chair if unavoidable delays cause one to arrive after
registration closes, and establish some simple criteria for ALL chairs to
follow. Or else follow the rules as published. Either one works for me.