Round #8 , Drivers school, & 9

To: Bay Area AutoX <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Round #8 , Drivers school, & 9
From: Tim Dolan <cyclist@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 13:30:22 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Autocrossers,

The weather was perfect at Marina last Sunday where Arnold Aescano, Irwin
Sevilla, and Tito Solis chaired and course designed a 4 run event. Thank you
gentlemen for an enjoyable day.

For those who ventured out to Stockton on Saturday for Sac' Chapter's event,
they were treated to 3 two lap runs in the 1min & 30 to 40 second range. It is
surprising how well the Corvettes and other larger cars are able to navigate
Sac's traditionally smaller and tighter courses. Their events are always a lot
of fun.

This coming weekend is for working on our cars and nibbling away at the 'honey
do lists'. Then on June 11th is the drivers school (there are still openings),
followed by Round # 9 on Sunday in Oakland. The dynamic duo of Jeremy Rine and
Ben Martinez will be chairing and performing course design duties. A fast,
open, but technical course can be expected.

Lastly, please help out our club whenever you can. If the event chairs need
help to 'finish' setup, please jump in and lend a hand. Even if it doesn't
count as 'work', it does make for a better club event. The same applies to
cleanup at the end of the day. It is indeed a small thank you to the volunteer
event chairs who make our events possible.

Thanks,

Tim