How much faster are racing slicks?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: How much faster are racing slicks?
From: "Richard Urschel" <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 17:12:26 GMT
In 1998 I measured a 2.1% reduction in comparative times between new Hoosier
Autocrossers (Bias-ply R tires) and Hoosier bias-ply slicks. This past weekend
I measured 2.4% reduction between new Hoosier Autocrossers and Goodyear
bias-ply slicks.

Here's what is interesting: Al Patterson (Viper) and I were running comparative
times last year when I was on Autocrossers and he was on Hoosier Radial R
tires. This past weekend we again ran comparable times with me on Goodyear
slicks and him on Kumho 710's.

I am so looking forward to getting the faster green car back with a 45%
increase in horsepower (Zetec).