Re: Drift Day Norcal

To: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Drift Day Norcal
From: Viet-Tam Luu <viettamluu@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:14:05 -0700
> I'm fearful the bigger crowds, whether in spectators or entrants, will lose
> autocross sites. We autocrossers were dumped by the Alameda County
> Fairgrounds because more people attended the Good Guys hot rod events.

Why don't you just go right out and say it, that you're afraid that a
bunch of riceboys (and their fans) doing donuts in their
fartcan-equipped Japanese import beaters will give us all a bad name?
I have the same fear but I'd rather they have a legitimate venue for
their activities rather than blasting up and down the residential
street in front of my house like a bunch of asshats.

Maybe when we have our own dedicated auto-x site we'll be able to
dictate who can and can't come to "our" playground, but until then I
think we'd be better served by educating the general public about what
we do, rather than try to discourage others who want to do their own
"thing".

--
Viet-Tam Luu (a.k.a. "Tam")
SFR-SCCA Solo2 #14 ESP