Re: <no subject>

To: Charlie Davis <gt40d@yahoo.com>, patrick jones
Subject: Re: <no subject>
From: "Pat Kelly" <lollipop487@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 18:31:57 -0800
I don't want to get into a tail-chasing discussion, (round and round, but
betting nowhere) but here goes:
    Patrick's car could have been classed into APrepared, considering some
of the other cars that already run there (or have been classed there: A
Sunbeam Tiger that started out life as a Triumph TR8, the Factory Five
Cobra, or even maybe one time only Porsche Cup car. Maybe the only one on
this short list that was not imported in the grey market would be the
Factory Five Cobra, but I don't know what the production numbers are, and I
think they start life as a Mustang? So why not a grey market Lotus? It
certainly would be competitive, even with the Lotus Elan that still runs in
AP.
    I've quit flailing about the 7A's weight, (for the most part, but you
brought it up) which was raised to 1100# (or whatever the multipliers bring
it to), so the a Bugeye Sprite or a Fiat 850 could have a prayer of beating
the 7, but none of these three, at these weights, have a chance to catch a
Miata. Seeing how two of the three cars mentioned haven't run at Nationals
in 16 years, only one car appears to be the target for packing weight.
    --Pat K