ackermann tuning for autox?

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: ackermann tuning for autox?
From: "James Creasy" <james@thevenom.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 11:11:19 -0800
i know ive asked this before, but here i am again...

i am right in the middle of changing the position of my steering rack to put
more ackermann in my car.  i think it changes it from about -100% ackermann
to +30%.  however ive got no clear idea of how to determine how much i
should have.  i know it has been debated for years, but modern tire
composition might warrant higher amounts of it.

will anyone else that has set up this give me any hints?  what should i look
for in tire temps, etc.  (this is with dot-r tires. )

the bonus question is what about my car might make it have an unusual
affinity for hoosiers- a good two seconds faster than on kumhos (on
concrete).  or are kumhos just that much worse on concrete but not so
different on asphalt?

thanks,

-james