Re: Helmet?

To: nokones@kenmitchell.com
Subject: Re: Helmet?
From: Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 18:49:49 -0800
On Monday, Jan 6, 2003, at 17:48 US/Pacific, Kenneth Allan Mitchell
wrote:
> Kevin Stevens wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, Ms Katie Kelly wrote:
>>
>>> I got an e-mail from a new autoxer who wants to know which helmet
>>> rating
>>> is acceptable for Solo II, M2000 or SA2000 or both? I can't keep it
>>> all
>>> straight. All I know is you need the Snell certification sticker
>>> inside
>>> the lining.
>>
>> Either.  Not both.
>>
>> KeS

> Kevin:
>
> Why not? You know two helmets would give you double protection!!
>
> One may fall off in a rollover or crack open. You just never know.

She didn't ask which "helmet", she asked which "helmet rating".  As a
tech inspector what would *you* do if someone showed up with a helmet
with both M2000 and SA2000 tags in it (and no beer)?  Yeah, I thought
so!

KeS

BTW, I once destroyed an Arai Snell helmet with a hammer as part of a
Halloween costume prep - it took a very satisfying amount of effort!