Re: Your first experience on R compounds and Azenis vs.

To: Jerry Mouton <jerry@moutons.org>, james creasy <james@thevenom.net>,
Subject: Re: Your first experience on R compounds and Azenis vs.
From: "Donald R McKenna" <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 14:52:14 -0700
Jerry Mouton writes:

>Interesting --
>
>My history of R tires is that for the first two years I ran them,
>they were all free -- or really cheap.  I found that lots of
>folks had tires that had "heat cycled out", or they moved
>to a new car, and would give them away or sell them for
>a pittance.

I once knew a guy who used to go to the local Tours and Pros just so he
could "score" discarded tires from behind the Yoko, BFG and GY tire
trailers. He even brought some home from Nationals, with the transportation
help of others, a time or two. I ran a lot of "free" off-season autocrosses
in the Vette on those tires, when my serious ride was the Nationals winning
(Howard Wolf, '92) Dwayne Komush owned EP Escort Mexico!

        Don