Re: Gravel at Golden Gate Fields

To: 76067.1750@compuserve.com, joe@bea.com, john@harlie.idsfa.net
Subject: Re: Gravel at Golden Gate Fields
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 22:57:26 EDT
In a message dated 6/3/02 12:58:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
76067.1750@compuserve.com writes:

> It's also good to remember that an autocross course, no matter how wide the
> designer makes it, is in reality just about eight feet wide due to the
> dust, etc. cleaned off by the early cars.

The (illusive) secret of GGF couse design, IMO, is to make a course that not
only has width, but in such a way as to promote a variety of lines so that we
don't all drive in the same place and throw the aggregate we pull out onto
"someone else's line."

I've only managed to make a few of my corners at GGF this friendly...

CHD