Scales

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Scales
From: Larrybsp@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 17:03:54 EDT
from:larrybsp@aol.com (Larry Stark)

             Be warned about scale weights. When I had my #1500 DP Midget its
weight on Larry Parks scales varied up to 75# on a year to year basis on a
car with no mods to effect weight. The car actually weight #1350 but I had to
ballast it because each year the Solo II board added more weight to it! I had
a box in the passenger seat area I filled with #25 bags of bird shot for
ballast. When I weighed the car at one divisional and was #75 under I
couldn't believe it. I filled to box with all of my tools as well as my
friends tools. At weigh in I was #2 over. Bottom line. Don't trust any
scales. Just to be on the safe side if your on the line, fill your tank
before your last run. As I recall there is nothing in the rules preventing
you from doing this. FWIW

Larry