Educate me on alignment

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Educate me on alignment
From: J C <veloimpreza@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 12:01:41 -0700 (PDT)
Okay, I've heard a few other WRX drivers mention that
a performance alignment makes a really big difference
so I scheduled an appointment at Custom Alignment in
Mountain View as I've heard the name mentioned here a
number of times. My question is as follows:

Should I get a four wheel or just front end alignment?

The car was aligned to factory specs by the dealer not
too long ago and there's not much that can be adjusted
on the rear of a WRX to my knowledge. I know this is a
somewhat loaded question but does anyone know how much
the toe settings for the rear would differ with a
performance based alignment vs. the factory specs?

Is there anything else I should consider or be aware
of? This car is a daily driver so whatever I have done
needs to be tolerable while driving to an autocross
:-).

Thanks, Joe "Doing Suspension Noodling" Ciarcia
http://taxes.yahoo.com/