Re: Not Looking, was Re: Not Thinking

To: Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net
Subject: Re: Not Looking, was Re: Not Thinking
From: james creasy <Black94PGT@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 10:40:32 -0500
but wouldnt you have to adjust the amount to look inside the cone by the
speed you are traveling and the amount of turning required? both of these
affect how much drift there will be.  so on some turns you look 3 ft and
some 4 ft?  that sounds difficult to me.

i dont think my car drifts even an inch.  i look at my line around the apex
and drive right on it (hopefully).  or maybe im compensating for it
internally?  sherry does my car drift at all???  my style is to never let
the car slide much at all (um, kevin's vette experience aside!) so maybe i
am going too slow to drift???

street tires are a different world of course.  i remember my first day at
sear's point trying to compensate for 6 feet of tire drift.  after that i
kind of forgot about it.  weird.

-james c
"True Street" Results Round 1 http://thevenom.net/truestreet/round1.html