Re: Results from Round 6

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Results from Round 6
From: "Joey Jarosz" <joey@hotngui.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 11:42:14 -0800
> That Shirley DROVE?
>
> I THINK she's still driving! I'd have to confirm that, though.

Yes, she is still driving... I think she spent some time  in the IHRA but I
saw on tv earlier this year in an NHRA event at Pomona.

> And you know, it HAS to take skill to handle those cars. They are
absolutely scary insane. You can't just
> jump in one of those like you can an autox car.

The more horsepower and torque a car has, the more finesse the driver needs
to have with the gas pedal. I am living proof that its really way to easy to
spin the tires at the line if your not careful. Puts on a great show for the
fans, but really messes with your 60' times...

So how did my simple question of when the results of the last autocross were
going to be posted degenerate into a debate on whether or not drag racing
was any fun? You are a very interesting crowd of people...

joey