Re: Question regarding ambiguity in Novice rules

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Question regarding ambiguity in Novice rules
From: "geewiz@mac.com" <geewiz@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 08:56:48 -0700
Hey, in "normal" SCCA regions you get 3 events or 1 single-event class win
and then you're in open. The SFR rules are quite gentle, actually --
coddling, one might say.

If you don't want to buy the tires, run street tire (another SFR special,
a good one!). But drive to have fun, and to learn. If one's ego can't
accept not getting a class win every time you run, especially while you
are learning, the problem isn't the class structure :-). Just relax, have
fun, and keep learning.

Personally, I find class wins completely meaningless. I was the only BS
entrant at a recent event -- woohoo, class win! Not. What a bummer it was
not to have anyone to  play with. Plus, to measure my driving (always
trying to learn and improve) I had to decide what drivers/classes were
best to compare to. I guess that wasn't too hard, since John Stimson
(BS-Nov) beat me, but hey :-).

-- Glenn, miata driver (and recent arrival from a non-SFR region)