Re: Divisional Entries

To: TONY OZZELLO P802 AWS <adozzell@sc9.intel.com>
Subject: Re: Divisional Entries
From: <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 11:49:57 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, TONY OZZELLO P802 AWS wrote:

> Could bethatif it was a points event we'd get a lot more folks too :)
> My tire budget isn't allowing me to run much more than SFR points events
> this year since I have a child on the way and I want to have a good shot
> at winning my class before I semi-park the car ;)
>
> Tony

I seem to recall people complaining whenever the Divisional is a SFR event
because they don't like getting beaten by outside talent.  (I personally
regard this as a rather provincial attitude, but am reporting it for what
it's worth.)  You'd have to do something like Craig suggested by taking
out the non-SFR members to satisfy that contingent.  The other problem
with scoring is with supporting the regional-only classes.  Because of
these scoring issues the (quite reasonable, IMHO) compromise seems to have
been that when SFR puts on the event themselves, they tend to support
scoring for the local classes, and when one of the chapters (Sac, Fresno)
sponsors the event they usually don't.

KeS