Re: Tire experiences

To: George Chiou <george_chiou@bellsport.com>,
Subject: Re: Tire experiences
From: James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 14:49:10 -0800
it depends alot on what kind of car you have.  on my light car (2100lbs)
kumhos have lasted TOO long... 125+ runs, 3000 street miles and 1 hr track
time.  this is even with a lot of 300 ft-lb induced tire spin and lock ups
on braking.  they have heat cycled into rocks now, far before they wear out.

some heavy cars are easier on tires than others, and driving style affects
wear also.

the 032R is a slighter harder compound than the kumhos and should last
longer, but i believe is a fair bit less grippy than the kumhos.  (judging
from the new elise's times last year).

-James Creasy
Slip Angle Racing www.klio.net/cobra
BAPOC www.klio.net/probe