Re: Sac. Divisional

To: James Martin <James_Martin@worldnet.att.net>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sac. Divisional
From: "Donald R McKenna" <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 20:43:36 -0700
Jim Martin writes:

>THANKS Sacramento Chapter!!
>
>Great event.

I second Jim's comment, the event was superbly run.

>The food was fantastic!!

Yes it was, and even though the wine selection was ???, Chris Halton's Beer
was great!!

>You should pay twice as much so we
>can have that site twice as often...

I agree and love the asphalt even though the cement would be better for
national's practice.

>It was a good equalizer type course with nice slaloms and fast sweepers.

Equalizer?, Jim's lost it here. I enjoyed the courses very much and would
have really loved them if the narriow, 2800# light-weight and narrow Mazda
wasn't in SS. It's fun to drive a course like that but, not fun to drive 1/3
of the time on-course through "slaloms" that give such an advantage to THAT
specific car. Look at the PAX relationship of the  wide/heavy Corvettes
(3100#-3400#) in SS compared with BSP and BP and you'll see that SS
Corvettes were on track but only "outclassed" by the Mazda due to the
course-specific advantage. (BTW, Jim and I had this "mild" disagreement as
room-mates at the event so, it will be no surprise to him that I disagree
with his "equalizer" course assesment.)

>When will the results be posted?

I'll enjoy the postings more if I wake up from this "Mazda" nightmare before
ther're posted. Seriously, Jim ran a really good event and deserved his win,
cogratulations (again), Jim, Great event!!

        Don (sour grapes, er, I mean the wine was bad) McKenna