RE: Divisional Tech Inspection

To: "'John Kelly'" <76067.1750@compuserve.com>,
Subject: RE: Divisional Tech Inspection
From: Kevin McCormick <ktm@unify.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 08:26:55 -0700
Hi Dan and all,

>From a Tech Inspection point of view, that IS the answer.  That is, they are
required.

Someone may have a better reason for the stickers, but here goes my slant.
We use SCCA for sanctioning, insurance, advertisement and the like, and in
the case of National Tours, Nationals, Pro Solos (and even divisionals?) you
are agreeing that pictures of your car can be used for publicity, adds, web
pages, etc.  So, if the SCCA were to use the likeness of you car, they would
want something saying 'SCCA' on it.  In addition, it provides at least
_some_ uniformity between all of the different color/number/sponsor schemes
used on the competing cars.

But Ken's answer is still perfectly correct - just like there are rules
regarding car number and class designation, this is a rule.  Note that the
stickers are $1 each, and if you have magnetic material, you can put the
stickers on it and use them at other events.  And, if for some reason, there
are not enough stickers for those needing them, this rule will be waived.