Re: Where is this Albany lot?

To: "Steven J. Sherwood" <ssher@home.com>
Subject: Re: Where is this Albany lot?
From: Jim Ochi <jochi@liquidaudio.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 20:46:51 -0700
At 07:35 PM 6/5/00 -0700, Steven J. Sherwood wrote:
>Is there something on the SFR SCCA website about how to
>get there?  If there is...I didn't find it..I will look
>again.

Gee, Steve - it's over a month away!!!  Talk about planning in
advance...must be one of those anal Audi drivers... :-)

Anyway, GGF is on the west side of 80, between Gilman and Buchanan.  That's
right about where 580 to the Richmond/San Rafael bridge splits off from
80.  Pretty hard to miss.

I think that the Saturn club held an autocross school on a lot at GGF back
in '96 or '97 (gee, I'm starting to sound like an old timer!).  Since I was
just starting out, I wasn't that much of a connoisseur of parking lots at
that time but I seem to remember it being somewhere between Stockton and
Candlestick.  Asphalt, not as slippery as Oakland, not as bumpy as
Candlestick, some broken up areas like Stockton and Candlestick.  However,
this was 3 years ago, so for all I know they may have replaced it all with
cobblestones... :-)

Jim Ochi
jochi@liquidaudio.com