Re: Checkerefd Flag Stickers

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Checkerefd Flag Stickers
From: Elmoizme@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 20:23:32 EDT
Do rookies get these flags too :D?

Elton
SM-R#68

In a message dated 6/1/2000 10:13:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
lollipop@ricochet.net writes:

<< A little history:
     When we first started the program, we actually gave trophies at
 events (not so many), but we got tired of hauling trophies, and when
 folks didn't come to get them, then we'd have to chase the winners
 down...far too much effort.
     At the end of the season, we not only give series' trophies (a nicely
 mounted or framed photo of you in your car with appropriate finish
 place), plus a fabric checkered flag (this has been dropped)
     After realizing event trophies ate up a lot of effort, and time, we
 went to the checkered flag decals, the same as they did (or still do) for
 roadracing. That's why you see the word "autocross" on the side. The road
 racers were offended when we left that part blank. In fact, the road race
 checkered flag decals say "road race" so there will be no confusion. :-)
     Yes, the intention is they be used like the old WWII fighter pilots
 did for "kills," pasted on the side of your car.
     Unfortunately this batch is not really weather and sun resistant, so
 keep them out of the sun as they fade over a period of time. The magnet
 idea Jerry mentions is good, that way they can be put away until next
 time and stay out of the weather except on competition days.
     --Pat Kelly
     your results and flag envelope stuffer person