Pro SOLO call for workers!

To: mitchf1@mediaone.net, "autox- ba Email list" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pro SOLO call for workers!
From: "Donald R McKenna" <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 19:31:33 -0700
Hey you-all,

The Pro's upon us and we need more workers for the Sunday afternoon, 4-30,
challenge rounds. Last year with Katie Elder's early efforts we had enough
folks who "came down" from the bay area to work the pro so that there were
two shifts of workers for the challenge rounds. It would be nice if we could
muster enough volunteers again this year to do the same. At the moment, the
list of "volunteers" is lacking in volunteers, it's made up, mostly, of
participants:

Charlie Davis (our official challenge rounds starter)
Don McKenna
Navid Kahangi *
Darren P. Madams *
Jim Ochi *
Scot Zediker *
Russ Bowlus *
Peter Mottaz *
Sobeintoro Soekampto *
Chok Balmaceda *

* Entered in the event but, will work challenge if not qualifying for any
challenge rounds.

There are also several Fresno chapter members who, according to the chairs,
Bret Norgarrd and Mitch Fagundes, have also volunteered to work. Since some
of the "volunteers" may qualify for the challenge rounds, we need some more
volunteers, even to field one set of workers. The ideal situation would be
to have about 22 to 24 volunteers and field two sets of workers. That also
makes for more social time for all the volunteer workers.

Volunteer to work, it's really fun. In my personal case, I've never run a
Pro but have really enjoyed working the challenge rounds on quite a few
occasions. In case it isn't obvious, ALL challenge competitors are good,
that's why it's so much fun to work while they run.

If you're concerned about the distance to Lemore, let me relax you a bit.
>From either Pleasanton (by way of 580/5) or the San Jose 880/101 interchange
(by way of 101/152/5) it's 170 miles to the site, actually less than a 3
hour drive.

Get a carpool together and, as Charlie says:

"I think it would be fun to carpool down, maybe do breakfast on the
way, and make a sort of "mini roadtrip" out of it.  Sometimes, the roadtrip
portion is the most fun, anyway! "

I have room for three! Let me know you're "in the game".

        Don,   (925-449-1723)