Thanks Jim and Kevin !!!

To: "autox- ba Email list" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thanks Jim and Kevin !!!
From: "Donald R McKenna" <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 13:11:42 -0700
Steve Hobaugh and I had a great time at the San Diego Tour this past
weekend.

However, without the generosity of Jim Martin and Kevin Stevens our Saturday
elation would have been dashed by our Sunday morning "surprise".

We discovered about 30 minutes before our car was due to start its first run
that we had a minor, but unrepairable, failed part.

Jim and Kevin each, generously, offered myself and Steve rides in their
cars. At that late point in time, they were already on grid and the
disruption caused by adding another driver (Kevin already had one
co-driver), finding numbers, etc. was an absolute distraction. Each of them
knew that when they offered their cars, but they did it anyway.

Steve asked me, since he's not on the net, to send his thanks, along with
mine, for the great sportsmanship these friends and fellow-competitors
demonstrated.

Thanks guys,

        Steve and Don