Stockton slalom - which way did you go

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Stockton slalom - which way did you go
From: "Watson, Mark" <Mark.Watson@Schwab.COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 10:46:28 -0700
Just curious,

In the optional direction slalom, what line do you feel was fastest ?

It seemed to me, taking the inside line on the first cone allowed you to
eliminate an extra turn, but required a tight inside line on the next
sweeper.

I noticed some people were taking the outside line, maybe because they were
wide around the corner leading to it, or maybe because they planned to take
that line.   this would allow you to late apex the sweeper, but was it worth
the extra effort going around the last slalom cone?

I only tried the inside line (left of the first slalom cone) so I'm not sure
what the other direction was like.

-Mark